Ingredients2 pounds boneless lean lamb
2 T fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 T black peppercorns
1 medium white onion, chopped
½ C Sherry
4 T extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Fresh Mint Cilantro Yogurt Sauce:
1 C plain nonfat yogurt
juice of ½ lemon
1 T fresh mint leaves, chopped
1 T fresh cilantro, chopped
salt to taste
cayenne chile powder to taste
2 t honey
1. For the Yogurt Sauce: in a bowl, mix together Yogurt Sauce ingredients. Chill in refrigerator.
2. Cut the lamb into 1-inch cubes and place in large bowl.
3. For the marinade: puree mint leaves and onion in a blender. Add the remaining marinade ingredients and blend until completely mixed to a thick consistency.
4. Pour the marinade over the cubed lamb in the bowl and stir until the meat is thoroughly covered. Cover with plastic wrap to marinate in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
5. Drain the meat and thread onto kabob skewers. Cook over hot grill for about ten minutes. Serve with yogurt sauce.